First steps

It all started with the formulation of the first task.
The goal was not quite easy, and we had to start with something not difficult, but at the same time important for achieving the final result.
We decided that if we want the engine to run at maximum speed, then we should try to accelerate a conventional asynchronous motor to unusual speeds and see how it will behave. In the photo, you can see our experimental sample.

This is an asynchronous motor from Siemens, the main characteristics are:
Rated Speed: 1350 rpm
Rated power: 120 watts

The first hitch was the simple speed limit from the manufacturer, which we struggled with for a very long time since we were not familiar with the software.

Further, when the previous problem was defeated, we decided to make sure that the engine really rotates at a speed equal to three rated, declared by the manufacturer. This time everything turned out to be quite simple, an encoder was connected to the engine, which showed, attention, 4050 rpm! The first goal has been achieved!

The next step is to try to run it as a generator!

It will be easy

– they said.