Problem definition: Students not using Norwegian outside of school.
How might we questions:
- Inspire students to want to use a new language.
- Engage students in Norwegian conversation outside of school.
- Help students with little time outside of school use the language.
- Reward those who exercsise the new language well / those who work hard
After we made some «how might we» questions we started just writing down what ideas we thought of. As we were only two members present during this brainstorming (Ludvig and Alexander) the ideas were few, but good. We only managed to think off three ideas. After we presented our ideas and talked about what the solution is meant to solve, we gave each idea points, maximum 5 points and minimum 1 point and we couldnt vote with the same points on multiple ideas.
- App that connects people who learn and know norwegian so they can talk to eachother either via text or voice.
- A type of registering with a leaderboard where you can register the books in norwegian you read where you can receive rewards.
- Norwegian Language learning app like duolingo which are for the languages the majority of refugees speak.
- Microphone that records when you speak and recognizes when you use Norwegian. Then it will analyze those parts so that you can quickly look at what you did good and what you could improve on.
- App that gives you different challenges to help you be more active with the leanguage you are learning and help you step out of your comfort zone.
- App that scans text you have written in norwegian and analyzes it for grammatical or sentence building erros and shows you how it should be written.
Idea we chose:
Number 1: App that connects strangers, one who is currently learning Norwegian,
and one who is fluent in Norwegian so that they can talk together. Either through voicechat or text chat.
The problem we believe this app will solve is students who might not have a social group outside of school where they mainly speak Norwegian, or that they have trouble getting to know fluent speakers. This app will act as a social media where you can connect to a random person and have a conversation with them. And if you find a person who you get a good connection with you can add them as a friend on the app if you want to continue the conversation.